Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Every Train Is A Bike Train

Outside The Amtrak Window

Since AIDS LifeCycle starts in San Fransisco, first I had to get my bike, camping gear, and my self up there. Since the charge for carrying a bike on a train is $5 and on a plane $100+, I decided on train. It had been a long time since I traveled by train, and although it takes far longer, it is a relaxing and luxurious way to travel.

The view outside the window was beautiful, and a preview of what the landscape on the ride would be like, since the AIDS LifeCycle route follows roads often along the tracks. Also to my surprise I spotted a few mountain bikers out in the middle of no where riding beside the train.

Outside The Amtrak Window

I got some great sleep on the train, and the vegetarian food at the dining car was pretty decent. In the stress leading up to my departure, the all day train ride was just what I needed to clear my head. For more photos from the train, check out my photo set on flickr.

No comments: