- "Cool Ass" Mike Bowers presents 1000Bikes.org, his non-profit project to give foster kids and their families bikes.
- Terry O'Day, cyclist & Santa Monica City Councilman up for re-election, will talk about Santa Monica's ongoing bike progress
- Betsy Butler, Dem for State Assembly, will come by and share her views on bikes and state government.
- Stephen Box, candidate for LA City Council (district 4) will rock the house as always.
- Gary Kavanagh, blogger for Gary Rides Bikes and bike activist in the Santa Monica Spoke, will deliver his talk "Redefining Freedom Of Mobility Beyond The Motoring Age"
- Cory Wilkerson, Burbank City Planner, will explain how he crafted an award winning bike plan on a shoe string budget.
- Felicia Williams of CICLE will talk about CICLE's amazing Urban Expeditions ride, and talk you into attending Sunday's festivities at the Santa Monica Museum of Art.
- Finally, we'll screen the documentary film about the Blood-In Hit & Run protests by Rick Darge, and talk about Bikeside's campaign to change state law - Life Before License.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
I've updated the list of speakers for this Saturday's Bikeside Talks at Cynergy, and was excited to see our Santa Monica councilman Terry O'Day, who is running to retain his spot in the coming election, was confirmed as a speaker. The complete list of speakers is here:
at 2:46 PM Posted by Gary