Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I'm On The LA Streetsblog Team As A Santa Monica Columnist

Santa MonicaLast week marked the beginning of my role as a Santa Monica columnist for LA Streetsblog if you haven't already heard on Twitter or seen the first post. I meant to get the news up here earlier and got sidetracked as I dealt with some horrible illness all last week and am now finally feeling better.

This is an exciting new opportunity, and LA Streetsblog has always been a vital source of information for me concerning LA transportation issues. Santa Monica is a unique city with it's own local government and politics, and hopefully my coverage will help fill in with much greater detail what's going on over here for the broader Streetsblog community and readership.

My first story for the Santa Monica column is a feature on the new buffered bike lanes on Bicknell, and the climbing lane and descending sharrows on Arizona Ave. at the East end of town.

The financial support to fund this weekly column comes from new LA Streetsblog advertising for the Santa Monica Bike Center and funds raised at LA Streetsblog fundraisers like The Library Alehouse event coming up on March 27th in Santa Monica. Which I highly recommend participating in if you'd like to support this endeavor and all things LA Streetsblog.

Most of my energy will be going into the Streetsblog updates, but I'll be keeping this blog around for  updates or thoughts that go beyond the scope of what I write for LASB.

If you're interested in checking out just the Santa Monica content on LA Streetsblog, produced by myself and occasionally other contributors, the smstreetsblog.com address will take you to the Santa Monica filtered page.

No comments: